Well, I said I'll be writing about stem cells. Among other things
The best would be perhaps to just quote Paul himself:
"The idea behind SCOPE is to make available on the Internet a basic page of facts about stem cells in as many languages as possible.
Our motto could be articulated as “Not lost in translation!”
Stem cells are a topic that concerns the people of the world, not just certain countries or certain people speaking only in certain languages.
SCOPE has been a big hit and as the number of languages has grown, the number of page views of my white paper “What are stem cells?” in languages besides English has skyrocketed. For example, our page in Spanish has received about 1,000 views, while the pages in Chinese and Japanese are not far behind.
We are getting readers from all over the world who appreciate reading about stem cells in their own languages.
We now have the stem cell white paper in the following thirteen languages (listed alphabetically with links in each specific language).
- Chinese. 什麼是幹細胞？
- English. What are stem cells?
- Farsi. سلولهای بنیادی چه هستند؟
- Hebrew מהם תאי גזע?
- Hindi. स्टेम सेल क्या हैं?
- Italian. Cosa sono le cellule staminali?
- Japanse. 幹細胞ってなに？
- Polish. Co to są komórki macierzyste?
- Portuguese. O que são células tronco?
- Romanian. Ce sunt celulele stem?
- Russian. Что такое стволовые клетки?
- Serbian. Шта су матичне ћелије?
- Spanish. ¿Qué son las células madre?
- Turkish. Kök hücre nedir?
- Vietnamese. Tế bào gốc là gì?
A big thank you goes to our volunteer translators!
If you can help with an additional translation in another language please email me at: email@example.com"
Ok, now the author of this blog, i.e. myself
I did the translation to Serbian. I'd like to invite everyone here who think they could help either by volonteering to translate to their language - which is not yet on the list, or by sharing this info to do so.
Knowledge is for the sharing. And not everyone speaks English, which is one fact that sometimes seems to be overlooked and neglected in science...